Complaint Review and Resolution Process

Once a formal complaint is received by a Dean or Senior Vice President, an attempt will be made to resolve the issue in a timely manner by working with the student and the appropriate university employees and offices to assure a fair process. It is important to note that a student might not be satisfied with a complaint that is deemed “resolved.”  Questions related to the student complaint process and resolutions should be directed to the Office of the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs.

If the student is unsatisfied with attempts to resolve the complaint within the University, the student has the option to file a complaint externally with the Board of Regents, State of Iowa, the university’s accrediting body the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), or the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (1-877-272-4456).