Exceptions: Other Established Processes
There are several complaint/appeal processes already in place for specific issues which serve as exceptions to this student complaint process. For complaints in these areas, the student should follow the documented complaint/appeal process as outlined in the policies for that issue. Examples of these include:
- Complaints or grievances arising from, or made in connection with, a student’s employment by the university in any capacity, should be directed to Human Resources or the Office of Equal Opportunity, as appropriate.
- A sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, or sex discrimination complaint, or any complaint concerning discrimination, harassment, or Title IX governed under separate policies. See the Office of Equal Opportunity for these policies and how to file a complaint.
- In the event of a campus climate incident, a report may be submitted using the online campus climate reporting form.
- Appeals of Academic Grievance should follow the process set forth in the University Catalog.
- Appeals related to Student Disciplinary issues should follow the process provided in the Student Disciplinary Regulations (Code of Conduct).
Students may also anonymously use the ISU Compliance and Ethics Hotline when the subject matter of the complaint concerns alleged fraud, abuse, waste of university resources, or violation of any law or regulation by the university.